Sunday, June 15, 2008

Things to Do, Places to Go, People (and other dogs) to see












Hiya! Well, another full couple of weeks for me. Lets see, where did we stop off? Well, the day after my last blog, Mommy and Poppa took Cousin Rufus and myself for a super duper long walk after supper. Poppa kept saying that we had to go and see the Queen or something. I was a bit reluctant because Priscilla Queen of the Desert wasn't exactly me favorite movie, although the soundtrack rocks! "I've been to Nice, and the Isle of Greece, while I sipped champagne on a yacht!" You know that song! One of my all time favorites! Sorry, I digress....so, after much walking, we stopped at Dairy Queen, ohhh!!!! Momma, Cousin Rufus and I waited outside while Poppa went inside to order a treat. He came back out with what looked like a dream!!!! It smelled soooo heavenly but Momma said that I wasn't allowed to have any coco or chalklit, something like that. I've never wanted to eat anything more! Well, after Mommy and Poppa stuffed their faces like pigeons, we were on our way back home. I saw a DQ container on the sidewalk and tried to eat it. Then we ran into a kid who asked if I was a Scottie! Kid, please! W-E-S-T-I-E! Well, we were almost home when I decided enough was enough and let out a long yawn! Poppa had to carry me the rest of the way home! Hehehehehehehe! Well, the day after that Auntie went on vacation, she went to Bemudda or something like that and then Cousin Rufus went to stay with the other parental again. They are coming back next weekend, I cannot wait to see them! Mommy and Poppa went to Woofstock and got a lot of free samples, which I am not allowed to have because I'm not big enough and because I will get soupy poopie if I eat strange food. However, Poppa got me an I-Cube which is my favorite toy and Mommy got me a fleece ball that is supposed to clean my teeth. Purina also gave away red fleece heart shaped blankies and they brought two home for me. I love them so much! Poppa says I look good in red. Other than that the week was pretty low key until this weekend! On Friday at about 12:30am I started to frow up my food. Then mommy let me drink my water because she didn't know any better. I kept frowing up so Mommy and Grampa took me to the emergency clinic. It was about 2:30am when we got there and by the time I saw the scary doctor I had frowed up 25 times! He examined me, had to put me in settle once ( I was so scared I soupied a little on the table) and then gave me a needle in the bum to help my tummy. He wanted Mommy to leave me over night so they could run tests and Mommy said NO WAY JOSE! Well, that is what I was thinking and Mommy listened. Mommy thinks it was a reaction to my parasite medicine. Two weeks ago I had to frow up when I had it, not as much but I think twice. This time on Thursday night I had a stronger dose of it. When we got back Mommy wasn't allowed to give me any drink or food for six hours. After that I was getting small quantities of both several times a day. Now I am almost back to normal. Yesterday Grandma's Mommy was packing because she is moving house. We went there to help but it was sooo hot! Mommy didn't realize how miserable it was going to be. Luckily she brought my crate and let me lay in there with the fan blowing in. So nice and breezy! We also went for a few walks, met Mommy's friend Diana who is going to stay the night with us next weekend! I love slumber parties! This morning I was sunbathing on the deck before breakfast when all of a sudden I heard a loud strange noise from the next door neighbour's house! I was so scared I ran all the way to the other side of the deck and almost crashed into the bbq! Mommy came out to help me inmestigate and we saw a big rottweiller! Where did it come from???? They didn't have a dog!!!! The kid from the house came out and told Mommy that he was hiding it from his parents who don't know it is there! The dog followed him all the way home from ten blocks away! It was hungry and thirsty and sad, so Mommy and Grandpa helped the kid by giving him a bag of dog food and filling his water bowl with our hose when the kid wasn't there. They kept calling it "Boy" when I knew it was a girl! Finally Mommy told the kid to check when she stood up and when he did, he saw that she was indeed a she! Mommy also gave her a big squeaky toy for big dogs and she loved it! She is carrying it around in her mouth. Well, I hope the kid finds her owner because she seems really sad. He called the humane society and they said that they would pick her up. The kid seems really hesitant like he doesn't want to give her up but I know he'll do the right thing. I want her to be happy and to have more toys and treats. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: