Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday's Adventure To and From Dr. Judy's Office




Yawwwn! What a day! Last night we went to bed at about 11:30pm. Mommy and Poppa were very proud of how well I slept. I didn't howl or cry, although I whimpered a couple of times during the night. Mainly it was because I wanted to go on the bed with them and they wouldn't allow me to. Each time I whimpered they would tickle my head or my side and I would fall back asleep, no matter how hard I tried not to. This morning Mommy and I woke up at 7:30am and had breakfast. She was horrified that I ate so quickly and then started hiccupping. After breakfast and some playtime, Mommy, Poppa and Grandpa took me to Dr. Judy. For the first part of the car ride I kept crying because I was so stressed out, I had know idea where we were going so I peed on my blue fleece by accident. I finally settled down at first and snuggled up to Poppa. When we finally arrived at the clinic, I was a little scared because there where so many people there oohing and ahhing about how cute I am. First they weighed me and said that I was just under five pounds, that made me blush a bit but I had no time to dwell on that as they scooped me up and into the examination room. Dr. Judy gave me a biscuit as she talked to Mommy about caring for me. She also said that I had very strong knees, nice teeth, a perfect bite, a beautiful puppy coat and that I was exhibiting true terrier traits! I have a clean bill of health thus far. I brought them a gift in the form of a fecal sample and they said that they will call Mommy about that on Monday. Dr.Judy also ensured Mommy that the hicupping was okay and it was in fact because I was wolfing down the food too quickly. I keep forgetting that I don't have any brothers to compete with anymore! After that Dr.Judy let me meet the Chihuahua named RP who is her boss. Martha the Mastiff is the resident boss of the clinic and because she was so big I was a bit shy around her. We said a quick hello and then were on our way again. On the way back home, we had to go into a car dealership to buy something for the car. Mommy brought me into the washroom with her, and as she was washing her hands, I went doodie on the floor in front of a stall. Oops. Mommy quickly cleaned it up but I could tell she was embarassed. Sorry! I couldn't hold it! I'm only five pounds! We then got back into the car and then I needed to go pee since I forgot to go when I went doodie so I climbed into Mommy's lap to tell her but then I couldn't hold it anymore and went all over Mommy's dress. I felt bad so I ran to other side of the car buried my face into the seat cushions and pretended to sleep. Mommy wasn't mad at me though because she knew it wasn't my fault. When we got home Mommy enrolled me for pet insurance, had a bath and I napped. Then I woke up and played fetch and then we started to watch the basketball game but then we both fell asleep for almost three hours! Since then I've had dinner, played, had my fur brushed, my teeth brushed (mmmm! Yummy poultry flavoured toothpaste!), my ears cleaned, and my paws and body wiped with baby wipes, practiced how to "Sit" on command, and explored the kitchen and living room. I'm pooped! Right now I am listening to Pachabel's Canon in D Major and getting ready for bed. Til next time!

No comments: